Mayco Babbitt is offered in a variety of alloys and is produced to meet Federal Specifications. Available in 8-10lb. notch bars, packed in 50 lb. cartons in the following types in order of hardness:
- No. 4 Babbitt – A common hardware grade used for various non-critical low speed applications.
– 5-7% Antimony, Balance Lead
50 lb. cartons of No. 4 Babbitt available for same day shipping.
- No. 7 Babbitt (Universal) – A harder Babbitt than No. 4, also for low to medium speed applications, such as unidirectional and moderate cyclic loads.
– 10% Tin, 15% Antimony, Balance Lead
- No. 3 Babbitt – General purpose high speed Babbitt. Works well with thin bearings of light running machinery with light to medium pressures such as compressors, electric motors, pumps and stationary engine parts.
– 87% Tin, 10% Antimony, 3% Copper
- Genuine A Grade 2 Babbitt– Virtually Lead Free. A high tin content Babbitt typically used for high speed and low-pressure applications.
– 89% Tin, 7.5% Antimony, 3.5% Copper
- 4X Nickel Babbitt – Similar to Genuine A Grade 2 but with added Nickel for higher speed applications, such as re-surfacing Babbitt Bearings.
– 87.5% Tin, 7.5% Antimony, 4.5% Copper, .5% Nickel
Other alloys are available upon request.